The student is expected to:
- describe some cyles, structures, and processes that
are found in a simple system (*5.5A).
- explain and illustrate the interactions beween matter/ocean
water and energy/heat and wind (*6.8B).
- explain how the distribution of heat during an
El Niño affects the environment (*6.9).
- identify the role of atmospheric movement in weather
- identify responses in organisms to external stimuli
such as the presence or absence of heat during El Niño (*6.12B).
- describe how the ocean system may reach an equilibrium
such as when El Niño occurs (*7.5A).
- analyze how natural events (such as El Niño)
may have contributed to the extinction of some species (8.14C).
* Refers to the Texas Essential Knowledge & Skills