Learning is not a spectator sport.
Learning requires you to be an active participant in
class discussions. I expect you to come to class ready to
participate and learn.
- An understanding and appreciation of the major environmental
issues facing the world and Texas;
- An understanding of how society influences
environmental issues, and how the issues influence society;
- An appreciation for how scientific solutions differ from political
- An understanding of important Earth systems and how they
- A familiarity with how different scientific
approaches can provide insight into environmental
- An ability to critically read scientific and popular
literature related to environmental geoscience.
*Modified from Science in Environmental Issues, Brown