Text Book and Reserved Books Information for Spring 2004
I will use class notes instead of a textbook. The
readily available texts are now many years out of date,
and the notes provide much more up-to-date
- A new and updated set of class notes is available from Kinko's at
509 University, in College Station. Cost is $17 including tax for the
Spring 2004 semester.
- I will put one copy in the Working Collection
Oceanography and Meteorology Building, Room 1103.
Book PDF Version
The book is also available
in Adobe PDF format. Click on the header above to go to the pages.
Please don't download and print these files at TAMU, it wastes resources,
and is much more expensive than picking up a copy at Kinko's.
Book Web Version
version of an earlier edition of the book is also available.
Click on the header above to go to the pages. Please Note: This
version is three years out of date, and I have not had time to revise
the web pages. I have made many revisions since it was posted. The
latest version is the PDF version above.
The following books are held in reserve at the Working
Collection, Room 1103 Oceanography and Meteorology
- Neumann, G. 1968. Ocean Currents. Amsterdam: Elsevier
- Neumann, G., and W.J. Pierson. 1966. Principles
of Physical Oceanography. Prentice-Hall.
- Open University. 1989. Ocean Circulation. Oxford:
- Pond, S., and G.L. Pickard. 1983. Introductory
Dynamical Oceanography. 2nd ed. Pergamon Press.
- Pickard, G.L. and W.J. Emery 1882. Descriptive
Physical Oceanography. Pergamon Press.
- Gill, A.E. 1982. Atmosphere-Ocean Dynamics. Academic
- Thurman, H.V. 1985. Introductory Oceanography.
4th ed. Charles E. Merrill Publishing Company.
- Duxbury A.C. and Duxbury, A.B. 1991. An
Introduction to the World's Oceans. 3rd ed. Wm. C. Brown
5 September, 2004