Properties of the Ocean
The student is expected to:
- describe some cycles, structures, and processes that
are found in a simple system (*5.5-A)
- describe some interactions that occur in a simple system
- identify and describe a system that results from the
combination of two or more systems(*6.5-A),
- describe how the properties of a system are different
from the properties of its parts (*6.5-B),
- describe components of the atmosphere, including oxygen,
nitrogen, and water vapor and,
- identify the role of atmospheric movement in weather change (*6.14-C).
- analyze effects of regional erosional deposition and
- describe interactions among solar, weather, and ocean
- relate the role of oceans to climatic changes (*8.12-B).
* Refers to the Texas Essential Knowledge & Skills for science.