On-Line Ocean Data and Information
United Nations Ocean Atlas - The Atlas is an information system designed for use by policy makers who need to become familiar with ocean issues and by scientists, students and resource managers who need access to underlying data bases and approaches to sustainability.
UNESCO International Decade of Ocean Exploration
- Ocean Portal - Ocean Portal is a high-level directory of Ocean Data and Information related web sites. Its objective is to help scientists and other ocean experts in locating such data & information.
- IODE Real-Time Data protal - The IODE mission is to enhance marine research, exploitation and development by facilitating the exchange of oceanographic data and information between participating Member States and by meeting the needs of users for data and information products.
- Access All Data Sets From Aerosols to UV
Build your own animations of rain or clouds or aerosols
Build your own animations of energy fluxes
- Ocean Data:
Build your own animations of temperature or color
NOAA - The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) conducts research and gathers data about the global oceans, atmosphere, space, and sun, and applies this knowledge to science and service that touch the lives of all Americans.
- Live Access Data Server -The Live Access Server (LAS) is a highly configurable Web server designed to provide flexible access to geo-referenced scientific data.
- National Virtual Ocean Data System (NVODS)
- OceanWatch Central Pacific Region showing many variables.
- Real-Time Maps of California Current, showing currents, temperature, and chlorophyll.
Revised on: 19 July, 2006