Maps of the Seafloor and Beaches
NOAA National Geophysical Data Center - The NOAA NESDIS mission is to provide and ensure timely access to global environmental data from satellites and other sources to promote, protect, and enhance the Nation's economy, security, environment, and quality of life. To fulfill its responsibilities NESDIS acquires and manages the Nation's operational environmental satellites, provides data and information services, and conducts related research.
- Seafloor Topography from Altimeter Data
- ETOPO-2 Map of seafloor
- NGDC Global 5-Minute Map of Land and Ocean
U.S. Geological Survey
- National Map An online, interactive mapof the entire country that provides public access to high-quality, geospatial data and information from multiple partners. You can zoom down to street or beach level, see roads, features, political boundaries, all or none overlaid on satellite or ortho photos.
International Bathymetric Charts of the Ocean
- General Bathymetric Chart of the Ocean
- International Bathymetric Chart of the Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico
How maps are made from ship and satellite data
- Global Bathymetric Prediction for Ocean Modelling and Marine Geophysics
- Exploring the Ocean Basins with Satellite Altimeter Data
Texas General Land Office
Exclusive Economic Zone
- The Sea Around Us Project An online map (1 MB file size) showing the exclusive economic zones globally and regionally plus ststistics such as fish catch in each UN Fish and Agriculture Organization zones.
- Cephbase Project Exclusive Economic Zone Map
- This is a very good collection of on-line maps of many coastal regions of the world, many with a latitude and longitude grid that is usually missing on many popular on-line maps.
Revised on: 18 June, 2008