The student is expected to:
- describe energy flow in living systems including food
chains and food webs (*6.8-C),
- identify responses in organisms to external stimuli such
as the pesence or absence of heat or light (*6.12-B),
- identify components of an ecosystem to which organisms
may respond (*6.12-C),
- identify componenets of an ecosystem (*7.12-A),
- observe and describe how organisms including producers,
consumers, and decomposers live together in an environment and use existing
- describe how different environments support different
varieties of organisms (*7.12-C),
- describe intractions within ecosystems (*8.6-C).
* Refers to the Texas Essential Knowledge & Skills for science.