Interactive Online Quiz
Question 1. What is coral?
- an animal
- a plant
- a fungus
- a bacteria
Question 2. Coral have:
- stinging tentacles
Question 3. Where do coral build their homes?
- near hydrothermal vents
- in the middle of kelp forests
- on a hard surface in shallow water
- 10 miles east of Chicago
Question 4. What does nocturnal mean?
- awake at night instead of during the day
- awake during the day instead of at night
- awake only in the summer
Question 5. What do coral polyps eat?
- each other
Question 6. What terrestrial ecosystem are
coral reefs most like?
Question 7. Which of these is not a type of coral reef?
Question 8. Two organisms have a symbiotic relationship
- they eat each other.
- they help each other.
- they mate with each other.
- they go out dancing together.
Question 9. What makes coral reefs bleach?
- They get too big.
- There are too many fish.
- The temperature and salinity in the water changes.
- They want to be camouflaged with the ocean floor.
Click here for answers to the quiz.